To effectively coordinate, monitor and evaluate the planning and implementation of the government’s public sector investment programme to ensure that it is consistent with the national development agenda.
The main functions of the PSIP Management Unit include:
- Development, management, monitoring of the PSIP
- Identification, preparation and appraisal of development projects/programmes
- Aid coordination and negotiation
- Management of the programmes financed by the European Development Fund and the World Bank, including the provision of fiduciary and other support services to line ministries.
- Coordination of technical assistance programmes for agencies such as UNDP, Commonwealth Secretariat, and the OAS.
- Preparation of the annual Capital Estimates
- Provision of technical assistance in Project Cycle Management (PCM) to ministries and departments
- Management and implementation of the capital programme for the Ministry of Economic Planning etc
- Assist in the coordination of national socio-economic planning and development
- Provide secretariat services to the Cabinet Committee on the Economy