Response: To acquire an international driving permit entails several steps:
- You must be a holder of a Vincentian permanent driving permit for one year.
- Be an ordinary resident or citizen in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
- If you are a first time applicant you must apply on the prescribed form to the traffic branch of the Royal St. Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force, sit and pass an exam in international signs.
- Submit an application to the Licensing Department, Inland Revenue, for international driver’s permit on the prescribed form.
- Submit one passport size photo along with the form.
- A fee of $150.00 is payable at the Licensing Office at the Inland Revenue Department.
- The application is processed within two (2) days of submission.
Please note international permits are valid for one (1) year unless suspended by the court and it is not renewable if the applicant is out of state.
If you have previously had an international driving permit and wishes to renew it after expiration, you must;
- Submit the expired international driving permit to the Inland Revenue Department
- Make an application on prescribed form
- Produce one passport size photo
- Pay required fee ($150.00)