Contact Information

Director General
Mr. Edmond Jackson
Tel No.:(784) 457-1343
PBX No.:(784) 456-1111
Ext No: 368
Fax No:(784) 457-2943


The Ministry of Finance is located on the 2nd Floor of the Financial Complex


Ministry of Finance

P.O.Box 608


St. Vincent and the Grenadines



Criteria & Procedures for Permit

Criteria For Learners' Permit and Use

Complete an application form obtained at the Licensing Office.

Application form must be signed by a Licensed Tutor.

Submit completed application form to the Licensing Office and, on payment of the prescribe fee, a Learner’s permit will be issued to you for a period of six months.

Procedure for Gaining Driver's Permit

  • Obtain a learner’s permit form and have it signed by a tutor.
  • Pay a fee of $50.00 for the learners permit at the IRD.
  • Check with the Traffic Department to do your sign and written exam.
  • Pay exam fee of $50.00 at the IRD.
  • Present your Certificate of competence, 2 passport size photos, ID card or proof of birth date and a completed application form to obtain your Driver’s license.
  • Pay $60.00 fee.
  • Your driver’s license can be renewed thirty (30) days before your birth date.
  • Pay your driver’s license on or before your birth date.
  • Driving an uninsured or unlicensed vehicle can result in the suspension of your Driver’s License.
  • If your Driver’s license is lost, defaced, mutilated or rendered illegible, a duplicate license shall be issued to you on payment of the prescribed fee.

Follow These Simple Steps:-

  • Produce original copies of Declaration Form and Bill of Sight showing Duty and Consumption Tax paid, and particulars for filling Registration Form.
  • Pay Registration fee of $75.00 and Inspection fee of $50.00
  • Take the Motor Vehicle to be inspected.
  • Return to the Licensing Office with an Inspection Certificate and a Valid Insurance Certificate.
  • Pay Motor Vehicle for half year or whole year.
  • Bring along your ID card

Note: After inspection of vehicle some people never return to pay their licence: They think it’s fund ‘till the police start running them down please don’t follow that crowd:
Comply Now and be proud!

  • If you are driving someone’s vehicle it is your responsibility to ensure that it is licensed.  You may be charged for driving an unlicensed vehicle.
  • You should immediately turn in the number plate of your vehicle to the Police if it has been:-

Rendered permanently unserviceable
Permanently removed from SVG