To lead the process of re-engineering economic growth, promoting sustainable development and improving the quality of life of all Vincentians.
- To formulate goals, objectives and development strategies for the national economy;
- To analyse the economy of St. Vincent and the Grenadines;
- To coordinate the preparation of development plans, socio-economic strategy papers and reviews;
- To coordinate the integration of social policies into development planning;
- To assist in the negotiation and coordination of technical cooperation and external aid programmes;
- To provide advice on issues relevant to socio-economic planning and development;
- To ensure the development, growth and expansion of the industrial sector;
- To create the enabling environment to facilitate and strengthen private sector development;
- To ensure parity, transparency and fairness in the provision of incentives and other business development assistance to all eligible business investment projects and
- To ensure the process of support and assistance to MSMEs through appropriate policy cohesion and interventions.
- Government Ministries and Departments
- Political Directorate
- Statutory Corporations
- Non-Governmental Organisations
- Private Sector
- East Caribbean Central Bank
- Caribbean Development Bank
- IMF and World Bank
- European Union
- Other International Funding Agencies
Government Support for Industrial Development
Based on the 2012 Policy Statement of the Honorable Prime Minister and Minister of Finance in relation to Duty Free Concessions on raw materials to the sector; the granting of duty free concessions to all Manufacturers, including Agro-processors, duty free concession on all raw materials, plant and equipment imported for use in their operations. To access this facility, all manufacturers and processors will be required to make a formal request through the Ministry of Industry and all conditions in the Fiscal Incentive Act will apply to this program. (See 2012 Budget Address pg 114-115)
Current and potential Investors are encouraged to take advantage of these policy provisions by contacting the staff of the Industry Unit (456-6957), CED (451-2235), SVG Bureau of Standards (457-8092) for further guidance.