Scenario: I am visiting St. Vincent for the summer and I would like to drive during my visit.

Response: Temporary driving permits are issued to persons who are bonafide visitors to St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
1) The Licensing Authority may grant a temporary driving permit for a period not exceeding six (6) months.
The following are the requirements for such:

  • A valid driving permit from country of origin.
  • A valid passport to facilitate your registration in the Inland Revenue Department’s Database.
  • A fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00) shall be paid in respect of this temporary driving permit.

2) A holder of an international driving permit will be exempted from holding a St Vincent and the Grenadines driving permit where;
The country of issuance is a signatory to the International Convention.

3) The holders of a valid driving permit issued in any other commonwealth country of the West Indies is exempted from any requirement to hold a driving permit issued in St Vincent and the Grenadines.

Note: The holder of foreign international driving permit registration must register his or her permit with the Licensing Authority first, before driving in St Vincent and the Grenadines.

He shall only be entitled to drive in St Vincent and the Grenadines a motor vehicle of the class for which he holds authorization to drive in the country in which his driving permit was issued.

Contact Information

Director General Finance & Planning
Mr. Edmond Jackson
Telephone:(784) 457-1343
(784) 456-1111 Ext: 3507
Fax: (784) 457-2943