Scenario: My husband is living abroad and he is the owner of a vehicle. He requested that I sell the vehicle on his behalf.

Response:A person who is out of state and is the owner of a motor vehicle and wishes to sell that vehicle must sign the original change of ownership form before a Notary Public in the country or state wherein he resides. This form must be notarized; only the original form is accepted for change of ownership. Once this is completed, the person authorized to sell the motor vehicle should visit the Inland Revenue Department along with the buyer and produce the notarized change of ownership form to complete the change of ownership transaction on the vehicle.

Please note that the motor vehicle shall not be used for than more than seven (7) days after its sale before changing the ownership.

Contact Information

Director General Finance & Planning
Mr. Edmond Jackson
Telephone:(784) 457-1343
(784) 456-1111 Ext: 3507
Fax: (784) 457-2943