The Comptroller of Inland Revenue is responsible for administering and applying the provisions of the International Tax Cooperation (Economic Substance) Act (“the Act”).
Under the Act, all companies are required to file Economic Substance Returns with the Inland Revenue Department on an annual basis. The first assessment period was from 1st January to 31st December 2021 with the exception of “transitioning companies” as defined in the Act whose first assessment period was from 1st July, 2021 to 31st December 2021.
Following the first assessment period, companies would be required to file Returns within four (4) months following the last day of the company’s basis period.
The following documents are for your attention and guidance:
- International Cooperation Economic Substance Act 2020
- Economic Substance Regulations 2021
- SVG Economic Substance Guidance Issued 2021
- SVG ES Sector Specific Guidance ANNEX 1
- SVG ES Annual Return Guidance ANNEX 2
- ES Return F1
- ES Return F2